Diablo 3 Barbarian Skills List
In this Diablo 3 Barbarian Skills List, you will find a full list of each Barbarian skill, what each one does, what level they are unlocked, and what category they fall into.
Since each ability has 5 runes, you can click on any of the ability names on the list below to get a list of the rune effects for that ability along with a discussion on the best way to use each rune. After all, with 24 abilities with 5 runes each and only 6 skill slots, you have some tough decisions to make about what Diablo 3 Barbarian skills to pick!
Furthermore, you get to pick 3 passive skills out of a list of 15. If you are looking for information on these skills, visit our Diablo 3 Barbarian Passive Skills List.
Diablo 3 Barbarian Skills List
There are 6 categories of Barbarian skills: Primary, Secondary, Defensive, Might, Tactics, and Rage. Note that these categories are a bit arbitrary and really do not mean anything other than that is where you will see your Barbarian’s skill chart once you are in-game.
Primary Diablo 3 Barbarian Skills
The Barbarian’s primary skills are a particular branch which do indeed make up the bulk of your attacks. These abilities generate Fury, a resource that you need to use your more powerful abilities. There are three skills:
- Bash. Unlocked at level 1. Generates 6 Fury per attack. Bash deals 150% weapon damage and has a 20% chance to stun the target. This is your basic attack versus single targets at a low level.
- Cleave. Unlocked at level 3. Generates 5 fury per attack. Cleave swings in an arc, dealing 120% weapon damage to all enemies immediately in front of you. This is one of the best abilities in the game versus regular enemies as it is one of the most powerful and effective resource-generating AoE attack.
- Frenzy. Unlocked at level 11. Generates 3 fury per attack. Swing for 110% of weapon damage. Each time you use Frenzy, your attack speed increases by 15% for 3 seconds. This stacks up to 5 times for a total of 75% bonus attack speed.
Secondary Diablo 3 Barbarian Skills
D3 Barbarian skills that fall into the secondary category lean are your primary Fury-spending abilities. These are the kinds of abilities you could use over and over if you had enough Fury to do so. Here is the list:
- Hammer of the Ancients. Unlocked at level 2. Costs 20 Fury. Deals 200% weapon damage to enemies in front of you. This ability has a 5% enhanced critical strike rate.
- Rend. Unlocked at level 5. Costs 20 Fury. Wounds all nearby enemies (within perhaps about 6-8 yards of the Barbarian), causing them to bleed for 210% of weapon damage over 3 seconds.
- Seismic Slam. Unlocked at level 12. Cost: 30 Fury. Slam the ground, sending out a shockwave that deals 155% weapon damage and knockbacks all targets within a 45 yard arc.
- Whirlwind. Unlocked at level 20. Cost: 16 Fury. A spinning attack that deals multiple strikes of 110% weapon damage to all enemies within range.
D3 Barbarian Abilities – Defensive
The Defensive Diablo 3 Barbarian abilities are an assorted set of 4 skills which do not deal damage directly. While some of these skills are defensive, some of them are offensively-oriented as well. Note that some of these abilities also generate Fury even when there are no targets to attack. Here is the list:
- Ground Stomp. Unlocked at level 4. Generates 15 Fury. Smash the ground to stun enemies within 12 yards for 4 seconds.
- Leap. Unlocked at level 8. Generates 15 Fury. Leap into the air, dealing 85% weapon damage to enemies within 8 yards of your landing. Damaged enemies also have their movement speed reduced by 60% for 3 seconds.
- Sprint. Unlocked at level 16. Costs 20 Fury. Move at 40% bonus movement speed for 3 seconds. No cooldown.
- Ignore Pain. Unlocked at level 22. No cost, but 30 second cooldown. Reduces incoming damage by 65% for 5 seconds.
Diablo 3 Barbarian Skills List – Might
The Might skill-set is like Defensive but more offensively oriented. These skills typically have cooldowns and are either situationally useful or reactive abilities.
- Ancient Spear. Unlocked at level 9. Generates 15 Fury. 10 second cooldown. Throws a spear which pulls the enemy to you. The spear deals 185% weapon damage and briefly reduces the target’s movement speed by 60%.
- Revenge. Unlocked at level 13. You have a 15% chance when being struck in combat to active Revenge. Revenge has no cost and deals 220% weapon damage to all nearby enemies. Revenge also heals you for 5% of the damage dealt.
- Furious Charge. Unlocked at level 21. Generates 15 Fury. 10 second cooldown. Rush forward to knockback and deal 195% weapon damage to all enemies along your path.
- Overpower. Unlocked at level 26. No cost but has 15 second cooldown. Deals 165% weapon damage to all enemies within 9 yards. Critical hits have a chance to lower the cooldown by 1 second.
Diablo 3 Barbarian Skills List – Tactics
Tactics skills focus not on dealing damage directly but instead focus on buffing you and your teammates or debuffing your enemies. These can be very effective if you are mindful about keeping the buffs up.
- Weapon Throw. Unlocked at level 14. Costs 10 Fury. Hurl a weapon at an enemy, dealing 120% weapon damage and reducing its movement speed by 60% for 2 seconds.
- Threatening Shout. Unlocked at level 17. Generates 15 Fury. 15 second cooldown. Shout with Ferocity, reducing the damage dealt of all targets within 25 yards by 20% for 15 seconds.
- Battle Rage. Unlocked at level 22. Costs 20 Fury. Increases your damage dealt by 15% and your critical strike rate by 3% for 30 seconds.
- War Cry. Unlocked at level 28. Generates 30 Fury. 30 second cooldown. Increases armor for you and your allies within 50 yards by 20% for 60 seconds.
Diablo 3 Barbarian Abilities – Rage
Your Rage skills are very powerful, but all have a 2 minute cooldown and cost 50 rage to use. These are among the last skills you unlock.
- Earthquake. Unlocked at level 19. Costs 50 Fury. 120 second cooldown. Shakes the ground violently, dealing 2000% weapon damage as fire over 8 seconds to all enemies within 8 yards.
- Call of the Ancients. Unlocked at level 25. Costs 50 Fury. 120 second cooldown. Summons 3 ancient Barbarians to help you for 15 seconds. Each one deals 60% weapon damage per swing. Additionally, Talic uses Whirlwind, Korlic uses Cleave, and Madawc uses Weapon Throw.
- Wrath of the Berserker. Unlocked at level 30. Costs 50 Fury. 120 second cooldown. Increases critical strike chance by 10%, attack speed by 25%, dodge chance by 20%, and movement speed by 20% for 15 seconds.
Diablo 3 Barbarian Skills List
While there are many good Barbarian skills on this list, it can be tough to narrow your choices down to just 6 skills. Be sure to grab at least 1 Fury generator and 1 Fury spender and the rest is up to you!
If you answered that question with a yes, then you need to get the Inferno Codex Diablo 3 Strategy Guide.
Discover the secret skill and rune combinations for the fastest leveling and boss kills possible. Dominate elite enemies in tough difficulty levels and get the best gear in-game today with Inferno Codex!
Click Here To Get Inferno Codex Now